Sunday, March 16, 2008

The things I ALMOST say...

As I mentioned earlier, we went to look at a Pathfinder this weekend. It was a 2007, so it was used-- and located at a Ford dealership.

When we got there and it had been sold, they did the age-old car salesman stunt of trying to get us to look at a different SUV. Here's how it went down:

Business manager: Have you thought about an Explorer? They seat 7.

K: We're not really interested in an Explorer.

Me: No, I don't really like the way they have reported by Consumer Reports. I'm kind of a Consumer Reports junkie. I mean, I don't have anything against American cars. We-- [I cut myself off here]

What I started to say to the Ford business manager: I mean, I don't have anything against American cars. We really like Chevy.

My guess is I could have kissed my free gas away had it actually come out.

1 comment:

Daniel said...

Hehe, good thing that internal editor clicked into gear. :o)

Me, I'm not too fond of American cars. I had a sporty Ford Ranger just before getting married.

Pros: The truck had great performance and a great sound system.

Cons: The transmission started screwing up, the power windows worked inconsistently, and the driver-side sun visor had to be replaced...with only 20,000 miles on it!

Maybe my experience was the exception rather than the rule, but I'll stick with Japanese imports for now. :o)