We kicked off the weekend with a walk to the park and a supper there of peanut butter sandwiches. These pictures may be some of my all-time favorite (in these first two, you have to know that Moses and ZuZu are looking at each other):


On Saturday we planted flowers (Well, Moses planted. ZuZu kept stealing the pots and eating clumps of potting soil):
Sunday we relaxed all afternoon! I think Moses watched 4 hours of Bob the Builder, but that's okay. Sundays are really hard on pastors' kids. Behaving for 4+ hours really takes a lot out of a kid, ya know?
On Monday morning it was storming, so we spent it inside eating orange rolls (Moses' favorite) and watching Disney's "True Life Adventures" (Remember those? Those were the narrated nature stories you used to get to watch on Friday afternoons in grade school... with a projector and screen. Now on DVD!)
Later it cleared up, and after Moses and I came home from shopping for Father's Day, Moses blew the BEST BUBBLES EVER with his new bubble blower from Uncle Jarrett and Aunt Emily:
ZuZu's reaction to the bubbles was priceless:
Swimming in Moses' new pool followed an early dinner (he enjoyed it, even though the water was still FREEZING):
ZuZu wasn't so into the freezing water; she opted to dance at the side of the pool instead.
We were left with two TIRED kids (and oh- that was ZuZu's choice- wearing two hats...)

Now I am filled with a sense of dread at the prospect of going back to work tomorrow that I haven't felt since my sophomore year of high school, when I had to go back after breaks to an evil choir director who terrorized students. I've been crying all night. Weekends like this make it all the more clear how much of their lives I miss each day having to work. So, while all you stay-at-home moms are at the pool tomorrow, think of me slaving away in my office! Not that I am bitter or anything... but if I read one more weekday facebook status about going to the pool/zoo/park/library/etc., I am going to start de-friending people... it's depressing.













1 comment:
Wow - those were some great bubbles! So glad it worked. Sounds like a great weekend with a lot of great pictures!
Post a Comment