It has been raining non-stop all day, the creeks are all overflowing, and the sun hasn’t made an appearance for 48 hours. But it has been an absolutely wonderful day!
First, Moses has been an angel since Saturday. He started saying “thank you” all on his own this weekend, and even thanked K yesterday for helping him brush his teeth. Hearing his “tchank you” is one of the most precious experiences of motherhood. He’s been an absolute gentleman, and as I type he is even having Daddy “spray” some deodorant in his underarms. It’s like he grew up over the weekend. :)
This morning we had a prenatal appointment, and I also had to be tested for gestational diabetes (I gained 60 pounds with Moses, and he weighed 9 lbs, 7 oz—so this doctor thought maybe my former doctor missed the diagnosis). Moses went to the home of a lady from church—someone who has only watched him once before. But he stayed with her like a big boy, no crying. He had so much fun that it was a little hard to get him to leave! AND, when we left, SHE gave US a homemade cherry pie (and believe me, this woman’s pie crust is to die for). That seemed a little backwards to me, but okay! I’ll take it!
And I can’t say enough about our new doctor and the medical group he works for. It’s like being on “A Baby Story” on TLC. :) I’ve had two appointments, and two ultrasounds already. Today we watched the baby do a flip and wave his/her arms all around (see below—the arms start waving at approximately 52 seconds; you can see both clearly at 1:05; we didn't get the whole flip :( ). I was hoping for a slightly less active child this time around, but it was amazing to watch this precious little one perform! He/she moved around so much that the doctor could barely get a picture of the face. :)
And the news of all news—I only gained 1 pound in the last month! This is extraordinary, given the 60 I gained with Moses. That means I’ve only gained 7 total in the first trimester. Praise the Lord! Perhaps walking 2.5 miles four times a week, while pushing a 35-pound toddler, really IS helping! I am shooting at coming in under 45 (35 is considered the most you should gain, but I think 45 would be a significant improvement over 60!). I celebrated on the way out with a coffee and a cinnamon roll from the café (yes, this doctor’s office even has a café!). But I better watch out, what with a cinnamon roll AND a cherry pie!
The doctor said that next month people might start noticing I am pregnant. Hmmmm. I think people can probably already tell:

First, Moses has been an angel since Saturday. He started saying “thank you” all on his own this weekend, and even thanked K yesterday for helping him brush his teeth. Hearing his “tchank you” is one of the most precious experiences of motherhood. He’s been an absolute gentleman, and as I type he is even having Daddy “spray” some deodorant in his underarms. It’s like he grew up over the weekend. :)
This morning we had a prenatal appointment, and I also had to be tested for gestational diabetes (I gained 60 pounds with Moses, and he weighed 9 lbs, 7 oz—so this doctor thought maybe my former doctor missed the diagnosis). Moses went to the home of a lady from church—someone who has only watched him once before. But he stayed with her like a big boy, no crying. He had so much fun that it was a little hard to get him to leave! AND, when we left, SHE gave US a homemade cherry pie (and believe me, this woman’s pie crust is to die for). That seemed a little backwards to me, but okay! I’ll take it!
And I can’t say enough about our new doctor and the medical group he works for. It’s like being on “A Baby Story” on TLC. :) I’ve had two appointments, and two ultrasounds already. Today we watched the baby do a flip and wave his/her arms all around (see below—the arms start waving at approximately 52 seconds; you can see both clearly at 1:05; we didn't get the whole flip :( ). I was hoping for a slightly less active child this time around, but it was amazing to watch this precious little one perform! He/she moved around so much that the doctor could barely get a picture of the face. :)
And the news of all news—I only gained 1 pound in the last month! This is extraordinary, given the 60 I gained with Moses. That means I’ve only gained 7 total in the first trimester. Praise the Lord! Perhaps walking 2.5 miles four times a week, while pushing a 35-pound toddler, really IS helping! I am shooting at coming in under 45 (35 is considered the most you should gain, but I think 45 would be a significant improvement over 60!). I celebrated on the way out with a coffee and a cinnamon roll from the café (yes, this doctor’s office even has a café!). But I better watch out, what with a cinnamon roll AND a cherry pie!
The doctor said that next month people might start noticing I am pregnant. Hmmmm. I think people can probably already tell:

And to top it all off, the doctor called me HIMSELF this afternoon to tell me that I do NOT have gestational diabetes at this point. But I’ll need to be tested again at 28 weeks.
So today I am glorying in a gentleman of a toddler (who, did I mention, has started eating again?!), a delicious cherry pie, a healthy pregnancy, a wonderful (and pro-life) doctor, a minimal weight gain, and a little monkey of a baby who did tricks for Mommy and Daddy today. Does life get much better than this?
I celebrated with online purchases at Gymboree. I hadn’t purchased anything for the new baby yet. Not only did I get 13 items (including this and this for the baby and this and this for Moses) on sale PLUS an additional 20% off the entire purchase, but I even earned $50 in gift cards! I guess life can get even better. :)
Have you noticed a trend? I tend to “celebrate” that life is good by eating and shopping!
So here’s Monkey Number One:

And here’s Monkey Number Two:
So today I am glorying in a gentleman of a toddler (who, did I mention, has started eating again?!), a delicious cherry pie, a healthy pregnancy, a wonderful (and pro-life) doctor, a minimal weight gain, and a little monkey of a baby who did tricks for Mommy and Daddy today. Does life get much better than this?
I celebrated with online purchases at Gymboree. I hadn’t purchased anything for the new baby yet. Not only did I get 13 items (including this and this for the baby and this and this for Moses) on sale PLUS an additional 20% off the entire purchase, but I even earned $50 in gift cards! I guess life can get even better. :)
Have you noticed a trend? I tend to “celebrate” that life is good by eating and shopping!
So here’s Monkey Number One:

And here’s Monkey Number Two:
3 comments:
That is beautiful! It's so great that you'll have baby pics from close to the VERY beginning!
I'm so excited for you! You look very cute... Yeah for baby clothes!
That's great that you had a good check-up! And may I just say...I'm so jealous of the cherry pie! It's my favorite. :)
Post a Comment