On Sunday, we went to a couple graduation parties back in our hometown, so we gave the kids a bath at my parents before heading home. K didn't realize it, but a razor had fallen down into the tub, and when he looked over, Moses had it up to his lip- with blood starting to flow out.
K asked him several times if he was pretending to shave, to which he innocently replied, "No." We just assumed he didn't realize what the razor was.
Until we asked him again later that night. And the dialogue went something like this:
K: Moses, were you pretending to shave?
Moses: No.
Me: Okay.
Moses: I was really shaving.
Why yes. You are correct Moses. You were REALLY shaving.
At least he was clean-shaven for his graduation! After all, all males should be able to grow some facial hair before graduating. From preschool.

1 comment:
and the innocence with which he said 'I wasn't pretending - I was really shaving'....is so 'Moses'.
and such a 'pick-me-up' to the rest of us!
Post a Comment