
I am choosing to be amused.
But I certainly feel like a whale. And I move about as fast as one out of water. Here I am at 25 weeks now...

Just as a comparison, here I was at almost exactly the time with Moses:

Ya, I am pretty sure that shirt won't even button at this point.
A couple of weeks ago, one of the men at church asked me, "SO, are we going to get to meet this little girl before Christmas?" I said, "I'm not due until MARCH! I certainly hope not!"
And then there was that stranger's "Holy Tamoley" comment last weekend.
I don't know how many times I've been asked by people, with concern in their voice, "So WHEN are are due?"-- and it is almost always followed by, "And you are sure it's not twins?" And those more medically-minded ask, "Is it possible that you have gestational diabetes?"
To which I generally explain 1) that I've had 3 ultrasounds, and there is only one baby; 2) that I have very big babies-- Moses was 9 lbs 7 oz and was a week early; 3) that the doctor has told me that this one will more likely than not be bigger; 4) that the doctor has said he will do everything in his power to help this baby come early; and 5) that this doctor is tracking my health very closely, and is doing multiple glucose screenings-- and so far, no diabetes.
But seriously, I am starting to get a complex...
2 comments:
oh, my gosh - I had no idea you were that much smaller with Moses! (is that the polite way to say that or what?!). and we all thought you were not so small with him - we were so wrong.
I'm hitting ebay now - looking for 6-9 m/nwt/girl.....she's got to dress well for leaving the hospital!
And - I think the W was an inverted M. Except, it is possible he read 'whale' first....
xoxoxox
Haha. But while I don't think she will be wearing 6-9 mo clothes from the hospital, I AM glad I have purchased no "newborn" clothing...
And he clearly pronounced the "W" when he handed it to me. And there is a picture of a whale on the other side...
Post a Comment