But I've been trying to figure out how to explain why we are having "Fun Fridays" in our house. Certainly we are doing them to have FUN. But it started because Moses has had an incredibly rough year. He has learned things about life- and about other Christians in general- that a 4-year-old should NOT need to know. Things about betrayal and conditional love and abandonment. About hostility directed toward God's people when they are living for Him (Matthew 5:11-12). Hostility that has even been directed at him.
And for a four-year-old, that is confusing, hurtful, and even devastating.
He's been seeing a wonderful Christian woman who is an expert in child mental health. And while she says that (miraculously) he is still very mentally healthy little four-year-old, we need to do all we can to build him up and make sure he sees the joy in life.
And hence, the beginning of Fun Fridays.
We started two weeks ago- and honestly, I can't remember what we did the first week! Last week, he and I baked a cake right after school, and then instead of having his afternoon "quiet time," he and K made popcorn (2 bags!) and played Candyland in his room.
So, most weeks it will be low-key. But this week we decided to have some extra fun: Build-a-Bear!
Both kids knew EXACTLY which animal they wanted when they walked in. ZuZu wanted a Valentine bear (pictured here post-stuffing):
She wanted to name her bear "Eyes." I put "Bear" on the birth certificate...
Moses wanted a blue bear with peace signs all over it... thankfully, we were able to steer him away, and he picked a ladybug (boybug?) that he named "Zeke":






1 comment:
Love it!! We haven't been to build-a-bear yet, but I've so been wanting to take the kids!! I showed Sadie the pics and told her about and she said "I want to go to Make-a-Bear!"
Post a Comment