I lead worship (vocally, not instrumentally) at our church, and several weeks ago I decided that I need to pick up the guitar. It would make "leading" a lot easier if I were actually playing. So, I asked K to help me out (before preaching, he was a worship minister, leading 3 services every weekend). After hearing me the first night, he thought I could be ready to lead the service in 3 months.
He also said that, if I practiced and improved, he would buy me my own guitar.
That little "shopping" incentive was all I needed. I decided to bump his three month timeline up to three weeks. So a couple Sundays ago, I led worship after playing for only three weeks.
My husband was so impressed that we went out and bought this this weekend.
I love it! I am beginning to comprehend the "relationship" my husband has with his guitar. :) I also feel a lot more comfortable practicing. Since I think his guitar is worth more than anything we own (except our vehicles), it made me nervous to handle it.
Moses hasn't seen Mommy's new toy yet, and it will probably be a while. He is already so infatuated with guitars that he walks around the house playing air guitar. I would like to keep mine sparkly and new as long as possible. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment