Last weekend was the annual Threshers' weekend in town. These "reunions" occur in a number of places throughout the midwest, and consist of antique tractor parades, tractor pulls, threshing demonstrations, train rides, draft horse demonstrations (by the way, if you are pregnant and feeling really fat, looking at the behind of a 2000 pound draft horse will make you feel much better), etc. My favorite part is the food-- Moses' favorite part was the horses. Between Friday and Saturday, Moses had already been out to see the horses 3 times. So when we put his shoes on him on Sunday morning for church, he asked, "Horses?"
Some pics of the weekend (the first is especially for PaPa!):







And I have a confession. There is a ton of good food there, and very dangerous to an incessantly-hungry pregnant lady. On the last day, I ate a corndog. This wasn't just any corndog. It was gourmet. I'm not kidding. Real corn bread, on a hotdog. It was amazing.
Hotdogs are one of the major no-nos for pregnant women. As is everything else that is good: bacon, ham, lunch meat, sausage-- all because of stupid nitrites/nitrates. And then you add mayo (because of the raw eggs), and anything with MSG-- and really, you aren't left with a whole lot.
But I gave in on Sunday. I confess. And I have been craving cornbread ever since....
2 comments:
Moses obviosly knows a GOOD tractor when he sees one - Caterpillar of course! PaPa.
oh, baby..... you are so cute!
talking to jim owens in pic #1?
Post a Comment